Sunday, October 22, 2017

Love Those Eyes: An Eyeshadow Recipe Book

Recently I won in a pin-up contest. Part of the prize pack was a fabulous thing of eyeshadow, more colors than I've ever had at my disposal before. It's by popfeel. I was a tad overwhelmed at the colors. After all, what was I going to do with all these?

Then this book "fell in my lap" via Amazon Vine, a review program I'm in. It's called Love Those Eyes and it's penned by Sarah Ellis and illustrated by Elisa Mazzone. It contains 50 eye makeup recipes, 50 different looks and color variations for your eyes.


Naturally, I put the popfeel eyeshadow to good use, following different recipes in this book. I'm just going to plant these here:



This was my first attempt. I love the color combination but when I open my eyes, the beauty pretty much disappears because I have that "hooded" aka "old lady" thing going on here.

Well, I then tried a few more, my favorite probably being a black and purple date night combo--I forgot to get a photo and this one: (Note, at this point, I wised up and began spreading the first color all the way to my browbone.)





The book also contains tips about brushes--which ones you need and what for--about how to use them, and little tips such as, "Use concealer on a flat eyeliner brush to touch up or sharpen edges after you've drawn them."

I'd recommend this book, for yourself, for a girl party, just to be different or get different ideas. While you don't NEED the book to creative, you may need it to give yourself that extra boost to try something different every now and then.

Book is on Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment