Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Purple hair, don't care!

Hey everyone! I'm back. Life has been CRAZY so I have been away, but I'm hopefully back for good this time, and I'm going to be posting some things of interest. If you care to follow along, great! If not, that's cool too.. Colored hair isn't for everyone.

I know you guys have been waiting for this, but I'm going to break it up into different posts because thats just the way my mind works, so I apologize for that.

Firstly, those of you that do not know, I shaved my head again. I keep telling myself I won't because I want it long, but my hair is sort of a crutch for me. I don't know why but I need to constantly change it.. Plus having it long gives me horrid migraines from the weight, but that's a different story.

Anyway, here is a mirrored image (for effect) of my hair cut now, only the left side is shaved.
I apologize again if this whole post is wonky, I'm attempting this from my phone.

You can't really see in the photo, but my hair is sort of back to my natural hair color (dark brown), on this side but the ends and middle on the other side are a weird plum-orange combo.. It's a bit strange but I'll explain that in a minute. I decided I couldn't stand the color anymore so I ordered more dye, only to find that I had some leftover. So naturally I re-recolored my hair instead of waiting.

This is Pulp Riot in Purple Velvet - I have to say I am disappointed with how long the dye actually stayed in my hair, true to color. They advertise it's vibrant for up to 40+ washes, on pre-lightened hair, so I decided to give it a go. Well, it lasted me all of about 6 washes and then it was no longer vibrant or very purple. BUT! I did like that it does not bleed everywhere and stain everything purple, and when it faded it still ended up being a weird light plum-orange combo. So when they say it stays true to color when it washes out, that is mostly true. Overall I think I would still recommend it. It would be excellent for blending or doing an ombre, but as an overall color I don't think it's for me.

I am a long time user of Pravana, particularly their Vivids. I have some Vivids Violet and Wild Orchid on the way (as I mentioned before), and I will do a review for them as well... I have tried many different purples over the years and even though Pravana stains everything and goes gray when it fades I think overall for duration and vibrancy it will remain my go to.

I should also add that I wash my hair every 3-4 days, and I use Dove For Men (because the caffiene is good for your hair supposedly) and thats it. I have looked into overtone, and for as much as I dye my hair it would probably be worth it, but I'm a cheap-ass and can't justify spending so much on a bottle of soap. LOL!

Oh! And another disclaimer, I am not a licensed professional hair stylist nor am I perusing to become one. I do my own hair from home, trial and error style.

Anywho. I'm looking forward to my new colors to get here.
If you have any questions, drop them in the box below.

Until then!
XOXO
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment