Friday, September 8, 2017

Spotlight on Atomic Wigs!

Please welcome Kenniy Kerr, owner and head stylist of Atomic Wigs!

She just started her wig business. Her goal is to do vintage styles, as she's a pin up herself!

Before I get into her business, I'd like to tell you a bit about her:

How did you get into the pin-up lifestyle?

I got into the pinup life style because I love the concept of every single body is beautiful. Every one. I have a lot of self confidence issues and I've gained a lot of confidence from dressing pinup.
What inspires and motivates you in the hairstyling/wig business?

Hair color and making people feel beautiful are what inspire me the most as a hair dresser and wig seller/ maker.
Why wigs? What do you like about them? Why should we buy/wear them?

You should buy a wig if it really suits your life style and needs. My hair is falling out from stress so I shaved a lot of it off to cope. Wigs give me the confidence real hair can't. And I know I'm not the only one who feels that way!
I found her on Facebook via Christina. Some of the wigs she had on hand:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling
The lovely creator of Atomic Wigs showcasing the Darcy in red.
Image may contain: one or more people

I decided I wanted something different. One, I want to change my hair color without bleaching. 2. I have a lot of bad hair days or days when the husband wants to get up and go to breakfast and I do not have time to fiddle with my hair but I'm not going out looking anything less than marvelous! I also have a huge thing for the tv show That Girl and the thus, the 60s...so here is my inspiration as I've longed desired a vibrant red head. I went with a more vibrant red but this style.




First of all, the process started with a simple FB message. She communicated with me, listened to what I wanted, told me my options, and began to look for a wig that met my demands. She dyed it, styled it, sent it, and included the net and a stand as well as a brush.

Here are the results:



My husband was so pleased he had to take me around and show me off. That made my day!!

What do you think?



1 comment:

  1. I think you look good in that color. It looks like your having fun.

    ReplyDelete