Saturday, August 19, 2017

Mail Day at Christina's House!


Who doesn't love getting packages in the mail? I know I do, it's like Christmas! I happened across a sale on LindyBop's website, and on Erstwilder's website, and I was not disappointed.


 And just an FYI, the LindyBop sale is still going on, and there selection has changed since I ordered so there is new stuff on there I didn't see before so I may be ordering again, but you can check out the items here. I have to say I am slightly disappointed in one of the skirts I got from them, I would still rate my overall purchase and ease of shopping experience (it was my first order) at a 8/10. Shipping was quick, everything was packaged nicely and I received the items I ordered in the correct sizes. The only thing I'm upset about is the one skirt I ordered as it was not true to color. Below is the featured photo from there website, and I'm going to go a little photographer on you for a second, but what they did is they adjusted the curves and increased the white balance to make the image brighter and mask out any perfections in the background, which is all well and good but they should have masked it out in the skirt, because I was expecting baby pink and mint green and I got BRIGHT blue and a very VIVID pink. Mind you it is not the end of the world, but I had hoped it was the colors it appears to be in the images as you can see the one I received is not even close to the same color as the one pictured.

You can see it a bit better here, after I laid them out. I got the 'Myrtle" Rio Jungle Print Halterneck Swing Dress, the 'Piper' Pink Circus Print Skirt, and 'Daria' Green New Orleans Print Swing Dress. I think my total was $45 everything after shipping, which is a heck of a deal considering one dress alone is almost that much alone.
 
Here I am in the 'Daria' Green New Orleans Print Swing Dress. I absolutely love it. The scallop detail around the neckline is my favorite. Oh, and my shoes are JellyPop, if you're curious. My hat is vintage. The belt was included in the dress from LindyBop. I plan to wear the 'Myrtle' Rio Jungle Print dress tomorrow for the grand opening at the studio.
Oh! Did I tell you the studio is officially open?! Saturday, August 19th we will be open from 10:00am to 5:00pm. You can grab the rest of the details from our Facebook page. Remember that fake chocolate cake I mentioned in my Idaho post? Well, I snapped a picture to show you guys because it's just that awesome. Doesn't it look good enough to eat? (Insert heart eye emoji here.)
Moving on, let's open up the package from Erstwilder shall we? I'm not quite sure how these videos will turn out, but we'll give it a shot. 

I'm afraid I'm not terribly good at this Boomerang app, so they're a bit sideways. Even though I knew what they were because I ordered them, it was still exciting to do so, these are my first Erstwilder brooches.
Are you ready?
In case for whatever reason the videos are stupid and don't load right. I got the 'Super Dooper Nova' and the 'Idol Heads' brooches.
I have to say I am a little weary of wearing the 'Super Dooper Nova' one simply because of how thin the acrylic is on the points there. I have seen the space collection in person, but they never had the Nova and it was always the one I wanted so I jumped on the opportunity to get it on sale, and now I think I will forever cherish it like a delicate baby because I'm afraid to wear it. But I will definitely be wearing the 'Idol Heads' brooch with my 'Myrtle' Rio Jungle Print dress. Anyways, that's it for now I suppose. I will do a post here soon about the studio and let you all know how the first day went, if you're curious. I have a big day tomorrow (well today). Have a great day everyone!

Until next time!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment