Saturday, August 19, 2017

OOTD Post with a Special Surprise!

Today I dressed up for pretty much no reason at all. The husband had to work. My best friend had to work. But I wanted to wear this dress! So I did. I managed to visit Studio E and hit a yard sale--so it wasn't totally for naught.

Sadly, everything but the shoes is vintage--good for me, bad for you, 'cause I can't exactly sent you to a website so you can get your own.



Dress: vintage from an antique store in Logan.
Earrings and pendant: same place
Shoes: sofft
Belt: can't remember, but it's from China
Clutch: fashion express
Hat: vintage, gift

So while I sadly can't help you get your own dress like that, I can tell you about something else!!!

I have been tired of struggling with my hair and recently I tried to dye it and it didn't take. I am not willing to bleach it but sometimes I want to change things up a bit.

Enter Paramount Wigs. I found them on Etsy. Until my dream wig complete with victory rolls arrives in the mail, I have this lovely little wig for those bad hair days... But before I made my purchase I watched this youtube video and found it very helpful:


I followed her instructions to a T.

When I unwrapped it all, this is what I had:


I then put the net (included with the wig) over my hair and tucked it all up.


Then I put the wig on. Simple as that.


For me the hardest part was getting all the black hair around my ears and my neck all tucked away. It's a bit difficult. The wig fits almost perfect. I guess a few cm bigger wouldn't hurt or the solution would be somewhat longer locks to hide that neck and "sideburn-like" hair.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the look though.


What do you think?
 How do you like me as a redhead???
In case you're wondering, it's the Marilyn wig, in auburn.

1 comment:

  1. I like the look. The red makes your eyes really pop. The blue really up. Love the look.

    ReplyDelete