Thursday, July 6, 2017

How Tara Rolls

One of the most popular, yet in my opinion, hardest hairstyles to do is the Victory Roll--or it was before I discovered this nifty tool. Before I found this tool, I would spend an hour making two perfectly proportioned (somewhat) rolls on my head. Some girls do their rolls lying flat, a pin curl. Some girls like one big roll. Some girls have less hair, more hair. Each one of us has different hair lengths and roll preferences. This is mine and this is how I do it.

Roll & Go
Roll & Go comes with a How-To Guide













First, let me introduce you to my new best friend: the Roll & Go Hair Tool, purchased on Amazon. I also have a hand-me-down from the lovely Christina, same thing, different handle and size. This way I can make three different size rolls if I like. For some odd reason, sometimes one tool works on one side and not the other. It's all about angle, my clumsy hands, my mood that day.

Before I begin posting pictures of myself, don't judge! My selfies are terrible and I don't have the full she-bang of makeup on today. Okay, here we go.



Before. Hair just bleh.




Using the small end, I begin making a roll on one side. Always hold the center, not the other side of the tool.
I roll and pull gently until I reach the end of my hair, often hair-spraying loose and shorter hairs flat as I go. A little water helps with those fly-aways as well.




Once you have a roll, slowly slide the tool out, hold the roll in place with one hand, and slide a bobby pin in. You'll need plenty of bobby pins on hand and hairspray!


We've got our first roll. Let's move on to the other side.





Did I mention this can also be used as a comb of sorts to part and brush the hair up?



Finished both sides. After this I redid the first one to make it more in line with the other two.

Adding a flower. The flower is another best friend of the pin-up girl. Have a slight flaw? Hide it! I bought this flower from BOWTOX.







Ta da!

I'd like to mention that the How-To Style Guide that comes with the Roll & Go tool has many different ideas in it. This is just how I roll. You may want to roll something different!


Do you have a different technique? Are you thinking of trying this yourself? I'd love to see your results. Tag me on Instagram or post your photos on our Facebook page and show us how you roll!




No comments:

Post a Comment