Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Outfit of the Day 7/4 & Savers Haul

Happy Birthday America! 


I hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday weekend, I know we sure did. 
Today's outfit was very colorful and patriotic. Also, featuring my husband Christopher, but don't tell him I posted his picture; he hates his picture taken. I will try to keep this post pretty simple today, as there is a lot to talk about.

Today's Look:

Necklace: I'm honestly not too sure on the necklace, all I know is it is considered costume jewelry. I borrowed it from my daughters dress up toys.

Earrings: I'm assuming these are vintage, but like the necklace I'm not entirely sure. I got them from a friend of mine. Best guess is they are costume jewelry from the 80's or so.

Brooch: I love this brooch. It looks like a B17, but I'm not incredibly airplane savvy, so I'm not entirely sure. I don't even know what it is made out of. It has no stamp or manufacture markings anywhere that I could find. It does appear to be old, but that's not saying much since things from the 90's are considered "old" these days. This was of course another piece I picked up at my local Savers.

Top: Super basic button up, red and white polka-dot blouse from Ali & Kris that I picked up at Savers. I believe it is a size small, and it fits me really well. I'm 34"/26". I think the waist might actually be a 28", but that's okay because it was fitted but not overly so. 

Skirt: This skirt is amazing. Can you see the little button by my hand there? You have to actually unbutton it from the front and the back and pull the tabs through a belt loop of sorts to be able to unzip the side. It's really unique in that way that it adds that little bit of detail. This skirt also has pockets, which is a bonus, who doesn't love pockets!? The brand of the skirt is Creations N(or V)ehiné Paris; Made in France. The material is a summer weight wool, so it is nice and soft without being too heavy and thick. Another interesting thing about this skirt is the tag is actually in the front of the skirt against the abdomen. When I first got it (from Savers) I thought it was some sort of mistake but the pockets only go one way so it really was intentionally sewn right into the front. How odd, right?

Shoes: The 80's called and they want their shoes back, but darn it! they can't have them! They are ridiculously comfortable for being vinyl. The brand on these is Avenues; also another pair I picked up at Savers. Have I mentioned I really like Savers?

Gee look at that... At Savers again!

Today Tara and I went down to Salt Lake City and did a little thrift shopping, because why not?!
She scored some pretty sweet finds, including a hall tree. Cool right?! Anyway, some of these pictures are pretty horrible, and I apologize for the quality, but I was super excited but also in a rush so I had to document them while I had the chance. If you have a question about the brand of a particular item, please feel free to drop it in the comments and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.




 First up is this freaking adorable little candy purse. Seriously, SO CUTE! Since Savers was having a 50% off clothing, shoes, bed/bath & accessories sale, it was the perfect time to go score some goodies for photography extras. Though, this purse be in my personal collection it may work it's way into a photo or two around Christmas time.  

Aprons! I love aprons; almost as much as I love shoes. These two I scored for all of $3 for both. The top one is missing a poodle patch, but that's an easy fix, as they sell them at craft stores, but how cute! The bottom floral one I love, it has a gingham trim on it, but the best part is it's a large/XL which is incredibly unusual in waist aprons. I'm looking forward to using it in my upcoming photo sets.


 

Cherries! No modern pin-up wardrobe seem to be complete without cherries (or polka-dots, but we'll get to that in the next photo). The dress on the left I got today, the one on the right I got a few days ago at the pre-sale for the Independence Sale Savers had today. The one on the left does not have a brand or size tag, only a care tag, the one on the right is AceVog. I think I got both of them for less than $5. I love a good bargain. Both of these are large or XL I believe, so I'm definitely lookingforward to using them in upcoming photo sets. 

 

I mentioned polka-dots, right? Well take a gander at this one. I know, I know, it's not your typical pin-up attire, but gosh it's bangin'! This one is like re-pop in the front, crazy 80's straps in the back and 2000's length. It has it going on all over the place.  The brand on this one is called Have and it's a size small. I'm super excited for this one because of the strap detail in the back, it means no bra! Woohoo!


Red, red, red! The dress on the left is from Blue Enchantress, unfortunately for me it is a true XS, which means it is like a 24" waist. The second dress there on the right is Rock Steady. I would have to double check the size tag but I believe it is a 5/6. I have the same one in fuchsia (Thanks Tara) that I believe is a 7/8 and it fits like a glove. This red one fits me, but it is really tight beneath the bust and it feels like someone is crushing my rib cage. Fortunately the material is stretchy, but I think it will make it's way into the photography wardrobe as I do not want to suffocate. 

                                     

Bloomers and Bras! Ooo lala! These baby blue bloomers are NWT! Can you believe that! Size 10. Biggest size 10 I have ever seen, but they will make an excellent prop for photos. And this fabulous bullet bra. I got two of them. They are from JC Penny an I don't think they have ever been washed: one is a size 38D and one is a 36D. Obviously too big for me, but again, at 50% off I think it made them all of $2 each, so that's a pretty sweet deal. They will be an excellent addition to my photography wardrobe. 

 

The floral dress on the left here is actually brown, but my camera sucks and made it look black, I'll be giving this one to Tara if it fits her, fingers crossed it does. The brand on that one is JODY. The black one on the right there, is a medium. It was slightly too big for me in the waist, so I would say it's probably a 28" or 30". The brand is Grace Karin and it is a full circle skirt on the bottom. Perfect for a big fluffy crinoline! Again, another one for my photography wardrobe, and I am super excited about it.

 

The one on the left here is actually like a royal blue color, I really have no idea what happened to the color there. It looks to be some sort of uniform with the pink and white trim. I really wish I would have gotten a better photo of it, perhaps I will when it is worn for photos. I think the waist would probably fit me, under the belt there is an elastic waistband that would stretch probably to a 34" or so I think. I'm not entirely sure on that, but we'll see. The brand is Altogether Fashions, so it is true vintage; best guess is late 60's early 70's, but still a cool find. I think it would go perfect with my ElectroHygene vacuum cleaner. The skirt in the middle is a really soft and stretchy jersey material. It's navy with white polka dots. I didn't check the size on it but I believe it is a 5/6 or so. So probably a 26"/28", I may keep it for myself if it fits. I haven't decided yet. I have so many skirts I really need to cycle them through into the photography wardrobe. The skirt on the far right is a uniform of some sort if you can believe that. The brand is Special Issue Equpiment Teenie Weenie (Bear Athetic, Rugby Bear). It has a little teddy bear patch on the left hip, with white trim and 6 big buttons. It reminded me of a sailor outfit, well, naughty sailor, and I think it will go perfectly with my Dixie Cup (sailor hat). So be looking forward to some photos of that once I find a lady who can fit it since it is a size 166/88A, whatever that means. Best guess is US size 10/12.

 

And finally, I got this adorable "Grandma Sweater", as my husband calls it. It's from Twenty One. And the skirt unfortunately is too big for me, the brand is Eleveneses and it's a size 6. I will probably be taking this one in and keeping it for myself because seriously, look at how cute those embroidered sailboats are.

Well aside from some sweet shirts my husband scored for himself, I think that's it for today, as I said previously - if you have any questions about the brands or sizes, please feel free to comment below. I tried to be as thorough  as I could; though some of the items are vintage brands, or "made in china" brands that I honestly think are made up companies because after a brief google search nothing comes up, so I really am not sure.

Until next time!
XOXO

Do you have a similar item in your wardrobe? I'd love to see it! Tag me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment