Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Outfit of the Day

I work in an industrial environment. I don't actually do the work anymore--I used to--but wearing a crinoline is out of the question and I also must wear closed-toe safe, sensible shoes. However, I find ways to be pin-up-y, even if it's just my bowdana or a skirt.

Yesterday I wore a smashing vintage reproduction dress. I am fond of wearing shirt dresses to work. I don't wear spaghetti straps or anything sexy. The style of this dress is modest enough for work wear, paired with sensible shoes, of course.





Get the Look:

Dress:Hearts & Roses (Thank you for this dress, Christina!) This particular dress was called the Zennor. I cannot find it for sale anymore, but finding one like it (printwise) would not be hard. It's dark pinkish/red flowers and green roses on a beige or off-white background. What I especially love though is the buttons. They're for decor only as the dress zips up the side, but still:



The belt I took from a Bernie Dexter dress. It just matched so perfectly. As for fit, it's a UK 14 and thus, this particular dress runs small--as I normally wear a UK12 (36-30-41). The only place it's big, however, is the collar. And you can wear a crinoline under it.

Shoes: Sofft. They scream WORK. Now, Sofft is not necessarily known for being a vintage/retro brand, like say, B.A.I.T or Bettie Paige, but I have many of their heels because they are comfortable, good quality, and thought perhaps not intentional, they look marvelous with many of my vintage-style dresses. They tend be very expensive and size-wize, I vary depending on style. I can wear an 8 or 8 1/2. I find it works to buy an 8 and while they hurt at first, they tend to stretch with my foot after a few wearings.

As for the price, I've found these at lower prices on ebay or even Amazon at times. When they go "out of style" according to the rest of the world, I'm all over them, because technically everything I wear is out of style, except to those special few of us!

Sunglasses: Again, Sunglass Shenanigans. These were a tortoise and tiger bling I purchased from her shop last year. Do not hesitate to ask for a custom order.

Hair: Scarf is that square mesh that women back in the day used to cover their rollers with. I folded into a headband and tied it. Hair is the result of sleeping in foam rollers.






No comments:

Post a Comment