Wednesday, July 12, 2017

YAY for Platforms and Mary Janes!!!

YAY for Platforms and Mary Janes!!!

Hello ladies!

I have finally learned how to use the blog, so here I am with my first post. As I mentioned in my introduction... I have big feet, size 11 US. I also cannot walk in spike heels, I would break my ankle; I prefer wide chunky heels. So here we go...

I love me some platform Mary Janes!!! I tried two brands; the Ellie Eden Platform and the Funtasma Platform Mary Jane by Pleaser. Loved one, hated the other!

I love the Ellie Eden Platform! (shown in red)
They appear to have a very tall heel, but the platform bottom raises the shoe enough that the heel height doesn't hurt my ankles. All the height without the hurt.


Notice the tilt at the toe of the shoe; super important! Without this tilt, walking is very difficult, kind of like feels like walking in flippers, and then all of the stress of each step goes right on the strap at the ankle. How do I know this, you ask... I also purchased the Funtasma by Pleaser Platform Mary Jane (shown in black).  They appear to have a very tall heel, but the platform bottom raises the shoe enough that the heel height doesn't hurt my ankles. All the height without the hurt.
While it appears to have a tilt in the picture, it is actually rather flat and my ankles were rubbed raw by the end of the day. The Pleaser Platform Mary Jane's were so awful and I ended up donating them to the thrift store!



For additional comfort, I use the Halter Pads by Pleaser in the toe of all of my shoes with any heel. The Halter makes my heels comfortable enough to wear all day. They are memory foam pads that go in the toe of the shoes and they are removable so you can switch them between shoes. When I bought them on Amazon they were ~$9 a pair, but they also had a box of 24 pair for $52. I did that math.. and bought the box. I have a set all of my shoes and my daughter grabbed them all of for hers as well. I have also given a set to a few of my friends to try out. I highly recommend them.

NOTE: Typically, I really like Pleaser's shoes, I have a few other styles that really like; it is just this style I don't like so far.

Kisses Until Later!
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment