Friday, July 28, 2017

Outfit of the Day 7/28

As promised...

Hello everyone! As I mentioned in my last blog post, I made a new skirt with this darling fabric I picked up at Hobby Lobby and told you all I would wear it today when I went out on a shopping adventure with Tara. We visited a few stores today, Yours, Mine & Ours, Paisley Skye, Bountiful Antiques and Lost and Found Thrift. I was a dummy and forgot my wallet so I only ended up with a new pair of shoes because the ones I had on were killing my feet, but we'll talk about that in a minute. 

Yours, Mine & Ours is a cute little consignment shop, it reminds me of Iconoclad, but with modern/trendy clothing, instead of more of the alternative style clothing. The store was clean, and they had a nice selection in various sizes. Their prices were very reasonable too, and they are also having a sale, some of their items with green and white tags are 25% off and the rest of the items are all 50% off through the weekend. Definitely worth the drive to Bountiful to check them out.

Today was my first time in Paisley Skye and I must say I love everything in their shop, but I already knew that since I follow them on Facebook. They have a wide variety of Unique Vintage, Hearts and Roses, as well as other vintage reproduction brands and their prices are reasonable. They also have purses to match your dress and coordinating shoes and belts if you so desire. Be sure to say hi to their little shop dog too, he's a total ham. 

Today was also my first trip into Bountiful Antiques, and I must say being in the antique business, I was a little disappointed. They have a wide variety of stuff, but I feel like some of the prices were a bit high, and the store was very cramped and not well lit. They definitely have something for everyone, but it is NOT a place to take small children or large purses to. If you get the chance to check it out, you should. You never know what you might find.

Lost and Found Thrift was the last stop for our shopping adventure, if you have never been in, you should go at least once, if not twice. They have thousands of items, literally. Pretty much anything you could imagine you would find there, mostly old but some new. Their prices are reasonable as well, if there is something that does not have a price they are pretty good at working you a deal, the more you buy the better deal too. They usually have a bit of a selection of vintage hats, gloves and purses, which is right up my alley. I could spend all day just digging through all the vintage clothing in their shop. But like I said, if you haven't been in you should go at least once, if not twice, because you will be surprised at what you missed your first time through, and they put out new items every day.

Anyway, here is the "DIY" skirt from yesterdays post feat. Tara looking fabulous. You can see all the goodies Tara purchased and her OOTD details on her blog post here

Here Tara and I are outside of Yours, Mine & Ours. 
What I wore: I will try to keep this as simple as possible today as I ended up changing shoes halfway through our shopping adventure.

Top: Deadly Dames (Pinup Girl Clothing) I love this top, and you will see that I probably wear it a lot right now because it is so hot outside. It rained earlier today but it was still pretty warm. I was torn between this top and my Pinup Girl Clothing Orange Peasant Top. I like them both for different reasons. The material is thick but breathable, and flexible. The thing I like the most about this top, and the orange one, is there is a zipper in the back. It sounds like it would be a pain to wear, and it can be when you first try to get it on yourself, but it is really nice because the material is not stretchy so the zipper allows you to get the top on without strangling yourself, and when it zips down it actually makes the top fit in all the right places by hugging your curves. I highly recommend this top and the orange peasant top. Unfortunately I was unable to find this peach top on their website so I do not believe they still carry it. 

Earrings: Handmade? I'm not entirely sure. I have 3 pairs that are all similar to each other, but I bought them all at Savers.

Purse: Vintage, unfortunately there is no brand label inside. The handle is cool because it is on a metal hinge so it can be carried by the handle or the handle can fold inside and you can carry it as a clutch.

Skirt: Homemade by me, you can find my post about it here.

Shoes (top photo): Minny Pink - Bettie Page, unfortunately this particular style is no longer available on their site, I did find a pair for sale here. I was fortunate enough to find mine thrift. I had to change shoes though because the heat from the ground was coming up through the thin sole of the shoe and making my feet very uncomfortable. And I don't know if you can see it in the photo but my poor little toes are starting to squeeze out of the crossed straps over the toe. They are adorable, but the person that had them before me either had wider feet than I do, or I'm just a big baby when it comes to my toes getting hot and squishing out of my shoes.

Shoes (bottom photo): Mina (in Peach) - Chase and Chloe. I picked these up at the sidewalk sale Paisley Skye was having for 50% off, which made them out to be $17.50 before tax. They had 3 pairs left when I bought mine, and they had a few other styles and colors too, so if you're looking for some cute shoes for a good deal, head down there tomorrow while their sale is still going. You can find a coupon on their website too, for $5 off your purchase of $30 or more (not good on sale items). 


























My husband was patient enough to capture a twirl photo for me too, you can see how rigid the handle in the purse is here as I am holding it sideways and it sticks straight out. The shoes I picked up are a perfect match for my top too, which makes me very happy! I am wearing two crinolines under my skirt as well, I purchased them here. I absolutely love my crinolines from them. I so far have ordered black, white, rose, yellow, orange, and lavender from them and I plan to purchase more in the future. They are soft and very durable. I have ordered others from eBay and found that they were very scratchy and poor fitted, and that was not the case with these. They measure in at 63 cm long, which is almost 25 inches, so perfect length for most dresses. The waist is a generic size (30"-45") which is great unless you're like me at a whopping 26", but it was no major issue for me, as I cut the elastic waistband off and added a new one that was smaller to fit my waist. If you're not handy with sewing I wouldn't recommend it, but being as small as I am it is rather irritating not being able to find anything small enough, the struggle goes both ways. Someday I will find the right material and make my own, you wait... Be sure to keep checking back for posts about the studio too, since my parents antique store is officially closed I am out of a Saturday job until the studio opens, my husband and I are getting that ready so I can share pictures with you all. 

Do you have a similar outfit in your wardrobe? I'd love to see it! Tag me on Instagram!
Have a question? Drop it in the box below!

Until next time!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment