Sunday, July 2, 2017

Outfit of the Day 7/1

Hey all, Christina here! I never thought I would find myself posting a blog, yet by popular demand, here I am, so I'm kicking off July with my outfit of the day.

On my way to work!
Phone Booth at A Moment in Time Antiques

I am a HUGE fan of thrift, I would honestly say 90% of my wardrobe I purchased from a thrift store at some point or another.. I have noticed that thrift stores often get bad wraps as being dirty or gross because it's someone else's clothes, but I hate to break it to you honey... Vintage clothes were someone else's clothes, at some point or another someone wore that dress AND that blouse. Finding vintage clothing NWT (new with tags) is a very hard thing to do these days. But that's a whole different post.

Let's get back to it, allow me to break down today's outfit for you.

Get The Look:

Dress: 
This dress.. Oh my gosh this dress. I'm not a big fan of pink, but it fits like a glove and quite frankly, oooh lala! I picked up this dress from a cool local thrift shop here in Utah called Iconoclad (I'll talk about them more in another post), but it is originally from Lindy Bop. Lindy Bop is a great place to find reproduction vintage style dresses online for a good price. I don't believe this specific style dress is still available, but this style is called 'Cecelia'. It came in pink and white, and in black and white. I'm a sucker for a good wiggle dress, especially ones that have stretch through the legs. There is something about the way they make you shay-shay when you walk that just sends my confidence through the roof. It's always a bummer when you find a cute wiggle, come to find that you can't so much as squat to pick something up without popping threads on the slit (been there, done that). This particular style does have an extra panel in the front that allows for a little more leg movement, and the material is a little stretchy as well, which is allows for good movement.

Shoes: 
Let me just tell you about this shoes.. First of all - I love shoes, the taller the better. Here is a better picture of these babies, courtesy of google images:
Aren't these fabulous!? Seriously, who doesn't love mermaids? 
I picked these up in Las Vegas... I know what you're thinking, but I got them a thrift store! We stumbled into this cute little shop on our way out of town called Buffalo Exchange, which was actually really neat because it is very similar to Iconoclad here in Utah. I paid a whopping $15 for these adorable wedges and had to look them up online. They are actually from Iron Fist,  though the style name I'm not entirely sure on, different sites had different names for them, Dolls Kill called them "Iron First Lollipop Lorelei Wedge" and I do not believe they are available anymore either - everywhere I found they were out of stock, but original retail on them was $82!! Needless to say I did a little happy dance over my savings. They are surprisingly comfortable too, if you don't mind tall heels. The little dangle on the ankle is a little gold tone skull; but of course because it's Iron Fist.

Anywho, I guess that's all I got for now.
Until next time!
XOXO

Do you have a similar outfit? If so, I'd love to see it! Tag me on Instagram.

Did I leave something out? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment