Monday, July 3, 2017

Outfit of the Day: 7/2

Hey all, Christina again!
Now I don't suppose I'll make a habit of doing outfit posts daily, I'll probably end up lumping them all up into a one week post with all the details broken down. Due to the upcoming holiday, our schedule is going to be a bit wonky for a minute, but I do hope you enjoyed the last post.

Today is Sunday, a day of relaxation, and the occasional antique and thrift shopping. I actually had a photo shoot this morning with a lovely model named Sandra, I'll probably add a photo or two to a post once I get some time to edit the images, again - wonky schedule. I had a great time, Sandra is a natural, but I couldn't have done it without my best friend Tara. (Thanks for the help!)
Any who, after the photo shoot I came home and got dressed to go out to an antique store, and they ended up being closed! Boo. We decided to hit up the local Savers instead, and I scored a pretty sweet dress for my photography wardrobe, and this beautiful curtain set that I am going to sew into a skirt, stay tuned for that; when I finish it I will post progress and before/after photos. I'm pretty excited about it.

Well now that I'm rambling again, here's today's outfit:



 I'm sorry, I really couldn't decide on a photo, but I did actually manage to narrow it down a bit. Unfortunately I don't believe any of these styles are still available, which is the one problem I run into when shopping thrift. Though a good place to look would be eBay or Etsy, if you love the look.

Scarf: The scarf is legit vintage, the tag says "Made in Japan". I have to say I really do love the older scarves much better than the newer ones, the polyester blend or whatever it is they make the newer ones out of just don't seem to tie as well as the nylon. I picked up this particular one at a cool vintage clothing store in Salt Lake City called Decades. I feel their prices are pretty reasonable for vintage clothing, and boy do they have a lot of it. Men and women's clothing, and hats, so many hats. They even have old military uniforms, which is a hard find. If you're ever in the area, I definitely suggest making the stop.

Dress: My dress today is nothing fancy, it's just a thin linen J. Crew dress I picked up at my local Savers. You can't see the print especially well in the photos here, but it has little yellow lighthouses on it - different ones from all over, Gay Head, Gulf of Mexico, etc. I just love the way it fits, and bonus when you don't have to wear a bra - talk about being comfortable in this summer heat!

Shoes: I don't much care for sandals, really. I feel like they make my feet dirty and then I feel gross, but that's beside the point. These are Cole Haan. I picked them up at our local swap-meet here for all of $5 from a friend of mine. And though I'm not much for sandals, I have to say they are probably one of my favorite pairs of shoes I own. They are ridiculously comfortable, they have just enough heel to give me a little lift without straining my leg to the point that I can't wear them for long periods of time. They don't rub at all either, which is a novelty with a strap over the toe like these.

Until next time!
XOXO

Do you have a similar outfit you love? If so, I'd love to see it! Tag me on Instagram.

Did I leave something out? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment