Saturday, July 29, 2017

How Uncomfortable is TOO Uncomfortable? Tara Talks SHOOS

I've had a few outfits that were very cute and while not vintage or vintage reproduction, had a certain "look" to them with the right accessories and hair. And we all know accessories are everything! I debated whether or not to post them though for the simple reason....I didn't want to promote the shoes. They look great. They give any plain dress that vintage look, but....but....they hurt so bad!!!

They are Ruby Shoo.

And I want to ask you, how uncomfortable is too uncomfortable? This blog, while I will gladly support and promote places and brands I like, it's also about honesty and heads up.

That being said, I recently went ape-sh*t over Ruby Shoo. I saw them online, loved their prints and fabrics and vintage looks and ordered three pairs. They are expensive. 50 to 90 dollars.

I do not mind paying good money for sexy comfortable shoes. My two favorite brands of cute shoes that I can wear all day despite the heel height and feel and look great are Sofft and B.A.I.T. and they aren't cheap. But they don't hurt.

Ruby Shoos are hard as rocks inside and I even tried a memory foam insert for heels but it didn't stick because these are fabric inside. Without further ado, these are the shoes in question:























Each pair has been worn once and has brought me to near tears from the pain. The inside is HARD. There is no support anywhere, nor is there any cushioning. For the price you pay....well.

Also to be noted is each one is a size 8, yet the navy pair is too big, the black too small, and only the light blue and white fits reasonable well, though that makes no difference to the comfort.

They remind me of Bettie Paige. I can't even make it down the hallway in Bettie Paige shoes. These I can manage one hour of wear.

And I bought a dress JUST FOR the blue and white, that perfectly matches the coral.


Since the shoes make the look in this case, I'm not sure I'll ever wear this dress again. I keep telling myself I'm going to sell the shoes, but I've not been able to yet. At the same time I avoid wearing them.

Do you have any shoes that have become...nick nacks? Or do you wear them and endure the pain? Does anyone have suggestions for making these shoes more comfortable? They are awesome to look at and even come with matching purses at times, but the pain....


1 comment:

  1. You could always try taking a blow dryer to one inside of the shoe where it hurts and pressing/crushing it with your had once it's warm. I know some shoes require more work to break them in, but with high price doesn't always mean high comfort. Like a certain dress brand with small armpit holes. 😉 I hope you work them out to be comfortable, they are too cute to just give up.

    ReplyDelete