Friday, July 28, 2017

Tara's Two Cents: Besame Lipsticks

I've been seeing a lot on instagram about these lipsticks made by Besame. It first got my attention because the lipstick colors are remakes of actual lipstick colors available back in the days. I balked at trying them at first. They're expensive. 22 dollars on the Besame site.

But then I got to thinking.

The lipsticks sell for way more than that OFF the site.
You get free shipping if you order 30 dollars or more.
Most of us already spend 20, 21 bucks on Lipsense, which I no longer like, but many of you do. But let's face it. That is expensive. You can't buy the color without the gloss and one purchase of color and gloss will set you back 41 bucks.

So I went for it, and I purchased Victory Red: a true replica of a color from 1941 and Dusty Rose: a lipcolor from 1969. (Think That Girl!)

I loved the way it all arrived. The lipstick cases are a beautiful gold color. Your package contains these Besame newsletters that look like old newpapers but contain fascinating facts about "Besame" girls and word searches and tips.

























I was put off by how small the lipsticks are. But...

I wore the Victory Red. *Note: use the sharp edges to line your lips and then fill it in with the blunt edge. Make sure lips are clean and dry and a little foundation on the edges helps.*

Here is my first application and on the right you see the lipstick 6 hours later! I only needed one application! This "little" tube will last a long time! After 7 hours, I kissed my husband three times, ate pizza, drank water and coffee and only needed to touch up the inner line of my mouth.

Also: I recently tried Cover Girl and NYX: they dried my lips out terribly, like the lipsense. Like flaking and making me want to nibble on them. This lipstick I wore today had no negative effect whatsoever. No smearing or drying.




I have ordered more Besame products and I will post my two cents on them as they arrive and I use/wear them. Be watching the blog for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment