Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Outfit of the Day & Savers Haul

This is a fun one. Yea, I wore it for the Fourth. I like being contrary. What can I say?




Dress is from a shop on Etsy, based in Thailand. Lady Mayra.
While I'm not sure this exact print is available, she has all kinds of cute stuff in this same style, from floral to cherries to houndstooth. Her prices are very reasonable.

Let me show you a close up of the print.


Ha ha! Told you I was feeling contrary. *wink*

It's a bit short for the traditional 26" crinoline. If you wear one with it--and I have worn red under it before--the crinoline will stick out from under it a few inches. If you choose the right color, it looks perfectly cute. I wore this for a day of thrift store shopping so bypassed the crinoline as I would be trying clothes on. You'll need to go up a size when you order. Me having a 29 to 30 waist, had to buy a large instead of my usual medium. But it fits perfectly. It's breathable, fun, looks great. My only complaint is it's quick to wrinkle.



As for the rest of the look, I made the jewelry to match the dress. It's a kit from Etsy, made by Jenny Henry Designs. I made a few from her kits and then I purchased the pattern to make this set, buying my own cross stitch pendants. This particular pendant kit is still available.

Sunglasses are also an Etsy find. The shop I bought these at is no longer in business on Etsy.

Shoes are Sofft, red suede open toe heels. Ebay score for me this time. 

Belt was a gift from Christina.

Links below are just things I found either similar in style or brand. NOT what I have on.



And now my Savers haul for the day! Christina and I spent the day hitting different UT Savers--a thrift store in abundance here who was having 50% off. Look at my finds: All for less than 34 dollars!
I think because of the shoulder pads, this was made in the
80s, but it LOOKS fifites. The little sequin purse actually
has an opening!
Hot pink Candie's pleather jacket. I 'bout died.
This will go nicely over any fifties-style dress
come fall.


Two cardigans. A girl can't have too man, a skirt-girl skirt and a top that matches.

What did YOU wear on the 4th?  What did you do? Tag me on Instagram (@chevresttnaylor) and show and tell me!




No comments:

Post a Comment